Follow me on Twitter
All requests for following must be approved by PrettyWreck
before tweets can be seen ♥

Ask me Anything
A formspring account where I'll try to
reply to all questions posed ♥


Tuesday, May 5, 2009

.o14


It's amazing how much one bad day and one day of weight gain can completely tear you apart.

This morning I woke up and was at 167.2. This is a good thing, since it's a new low on this weight loss round, meaning I'm down a little over 3 pounds this month. I have until the 7th to lose .4 more pounds in order to be on track for the month, and since I get to return to the gym on Thursday, I think I'll be able to meet my goal.

When I stepped on the scale, I wasn't sure if it was true. After I had my water and my concerta, I stepped on it again and saw I was only at 167.4, which means I'm actually in the 167 range right now. I was so relieved to see it go down.

It's funny, because I see it, and I feel happy, then I get off, and immediately I'm determined again. I'm not as depressed as I am when my weight doesn't move or worse, goes up. It just doesn't feel like I've actually lost weight, I guess. I look at myself in the mirror and I don't see it. I mean, I do, in that my stomach isn't as big, but that's it. My face is thinner, I guess.

I keep telling myself, "When I get down to the _____'s, it'll hit me that I'm losing weight." Like, when I was in the 90's, I told myself, "I just want to get the 80's, then it'll be real", then it was "When I get to the 70's", then "When I get to the 60's..."

I wonder if it's going to hit me at all.


So...after I wrote this, I did notice something.
When I stay the same weight for more than about a day or two...or when I gain even an ounce (I fucking hate that word. Gain. I HATE IT), I look at myself and can't stand it. I see my reflection in the glass doors at work as I'm doing patrols and I can only think of how I haven't changed since I was tipping at almost 200.
Then days like today, where I've lost a pound, and I look, and think how much better I'm looking. How I'm not there yet, but I'm getting there, and I see myself as I want to be--I can see a dual reflection of who I am versus who I will turn into, and it's strange. It's the same image, and I doubt you can really see such a difference with a pound, but it feels like it. I always feel better when I lose. Walk taller, breathe easier.
So I guess in a way, it does hit me. Just not like I thought it would. More like climbing up a mountain, and looking up, and seeing how far left to go, but being able to look back and say, "I'm a few feet higher than I was yesterday."

5 comments:

  1. I like the allegory of the mountain. It makes sense, and it really appeals to me aesthetically. Where I live, we never have a /real/ snow where the world turns into a fondant-covered fairytale land. So some of my best dreams include a snowy setting. Snow is so clean and pristine to me; like the feeling you get when you have control over food, over anything.

    Let's climb this mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm scared too, about reaching my GW and it not being enough. I keep telling myself that I'll just stop losing when I reach GW instead of saying I'll be happy at 111 because in reality I doubt I'll ever be happy with my body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well stated. I've been climbing the weight loss mountain my whole life. I'm starting to wonder if there is a top. I don't know.

    Several years ago I lost 60lbs. The weird thing was that I didn't (and still don't) see it. I mean, I know logically that I weigh less than I did but I look fatter to me. How is that even possible? Why does that happen? And when I get to my goal will I see it? Will it be enough? Does this mountain ever peak??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand how u feel...bit of an overachiever myself. Right now I would be amazed if I got to 99 pounds but I know when I get there I'll try for the 80's and feel like crap when I struggle to get there, cause lets face it the lighter u get the harder it is to lose weight. But hang there man u are doing amazing...I'll leave u with an inspirational quote ''I'm not there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.'' Hope it helps! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-- yes, sometimes I think the only reason I'm "eating disordered" and not just dieting is that no matter what I do, I think I'm HUGE. It's gotten to the point where I'm so afraid of gaining that I'll only look at the scale when I'm reasonably confident I've lost... because if I see the number's gone up, like an idiot I'll BINGE. And that thought is terrifying.

    ReplyDelete